Monday, April 25, 2011

Day - 27 - My first job

This week my daughter turned 10, I started babysitting when I was 10. Seems crazy now that I look back that I was that young when I started my first job. All of the families lived with in a couple of blocks of our house and my mom was always only a phone call away....or out with the family I was watching the kids of.

Many of the families I babysat for I have connected with on FB even many of the kids I babysat.

My mom was a single parent starting long before my dad actually left ( I was 10) . Many of our neighbors became more like family and I know often helped my mom. Today's note goes to the shortest most full of life friend of my mom - Thank you for giving me my first job :-)

Change in me: independence at a young age is just the beginning, good friends no matter how far away or how much time has passed will always be there, and if you are good at what you do you will always be remembered and asked back. When you pay a babysitter if you pay better than most you can always find a sitter ( thank you for this as I never had a problem when following this rule).

No comments:

Post a Comment