Friday, April 08, 2011

Day 10 - 1/2 BFF

We all have people in our life that will be in our life for ever. I have 2 amazing women in my life who live with in a stones throw of my house and can be at my house in a given moment for any reason at all. If life has ever thrown you your fair share of lemons you will appreciate how this women has inspired me.

In the short 3 years of knowing her she has lost both her mom and her sister to cancer, her son has been diagnosed with Asperger's, her husband has a girlfriend, and her dog died this past week...oh and the list goes on. Hmm maybe we should write a country song about it...

Not but 2 months ago I was having a pity party for one and on my way home from school pick up ran into her. She knew right away that something was wrong....her response let me run home and get out of my scrubs and I will meet you at your house. REALLY!!! my pity party paled to what she has been dealing with but these girls that's the way we roll. Some times you just need a friend to walk in the door with a bottle of wine and listen no matter how small the issue.

Almost weekly we get together for a "therapy session" just a great way to talk about the good, the bad and the ugly of the week. We have cried together, laughed till we peed our pants ( you all know the kind of laughing I am talking about ), and just been there present in each others lives.

Change in me: That which does not kill you makes you stronger, the people you can count on are the ones who are present in your life, some times you live in a situation and make the best of it because it is the best thing to do, death is a part of life once you have grieved it is okay to celebrate the good, and when life hands you lemons add vodka and call your friends to join you they are likely able to turn the bad moment into a pee your pants laughing moment and somehow it will all be okay. Be present in LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment