Sunday, May 09, 2010

Baby Steps to a new you - Day 1 Monday




Monday is my favorite day of the week it is like Jan. 1 st every week. Over the next 120 days I am helping a couple of my friends create a new habit - THIS IS NOT A DIET - we all know diets, point counting, eating tons of meat DON'T WORK!!!

We are going to start this week out with baby steps.

Step 1 - Get up and MOVE - Go for a 45 min brisk walk ( outside or on the treadmill)
I never exercise with out drinking an access shake - this is my secret weapon, it helped me go from a size 12 to a size 4 in 2 months taking 4 inches off my hips and waist. When I drink my shake I take my total vitamins - this was hard for me to change but if I don't take them on the weekend I need a NAP. It matters what vitamins you take, almost all the vitamins on the market you are getting less than 10%.

Breakfast after you shower and get ready for the day is a MUST. What I learned is that I did not eat enough and that is why my body was holding on to extra weight. I really have a very hard time with making myself eat so I am going to share a couple of my solutions.

Option 1 - My Power Shake (350 cal - 20 grams of protein)
6 oz orange juice
2 oz water
2 scoops vanilla proflex protein powder
2 scoops fiberwise

Protein is so very important, after the age 35 you loose 1% muscle mass every year no matter what exercise you do. Proflex will help with muscle recovery and well as work on lean muscle mass. My favorite thing is more lean muscle burns more calories.

Option 2
- Chocolate Banana Protein Shake ( my son and husband drink every morning)
8 oz soy milk
1/2 banana
2 scoops proflex protein shake

Option 3 - Kashi Crunch with Silk Almond Milk (260 cal but only 10g protein)

Today promise to Eat BREAKFAST and Walk. Drink 5 glasses of water today. For the rest of the day pay attentions to what you are putting in your mouth - just think before you eat and keep a running list just so you can become aware.

We are creating habits so one day at a time changing a life time of habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment