Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Day 4 - LaVerna's Almond Roca

So far this has been the swimmers favorite. This recipe was passed on to me by my SIL LaVerna. I have not lived in Canada now for 14 years, over those years I have made home where we have planted our feet. Homesick has never been an option, but I have 3 amazing Sister in Laws that I wish lived on my street to borrow a cup of sugar from. Baking not only relieves stress but for me it makes me feel connected.

Cover the bottom of cookie sheet with whole graham crackers, set aside.

In a sauce pan bring to a boil

1 cup of butter ( not margarine)
1 cup brown sugar

Pour over graham crackers. Place in oven 350 for 8 min - till bubbly all over

Remove from oven immediately sprinkle 1.5 cups semi sweet chocolate chips. Use a knife to spread and melt the chips. Sprinkle 1.5 cups of sliced almonds. Place in you guessed it the freezer till set.

Remove from freezer and break into random size pieces.

Cheers
Coralee

No comments:

Post a Comment