Wednesday, April 22, 2009

It has been far to long since I wrote

One thing my blog has given me is a place to organize and journal some of my thoughts.

I originally started this because as I market my business on line I realized that well I am just a web site and an email address ( oh yes and a very kind English women called me dodgy) - why would anyone just call or request information from me - it has become more than I could have imagined. I think my blog is a glimpse into who I am - the mom and wife, the sister, the granddaughter, the friend, the cousin and niece, the mentor, the business women, the chef, the designer and that I may be the only person in my family with a brown thumb ( I am trying and at least living in the south I can kill and replace plants and they have time to grow). If my husband was reading this he would be saying yah yah get to the point....hey its my blog and I can write what ever I want :-)

For those of you who are my friends and family you know who I am you know my character, you love me for all my good and bad :-) My heart is big and I tend to share it openly.

I think one of my biggest flaws is I care to much, want to help everyone. I choose to wear rose colored glasses and always look for the good in people. I remember when I was in grade school I was vote the most likely to plan my own wedding shower - that is a whole other story. (phew needed to get that off my chest too) I have been accused of planning to far in advance and worrying about details. I sacrifice my time for perfect strangers. If I make a promise I keep it. I worry about my family, will always be the big sister and do everything I can to help - even when told by other she is an "adult she does not need you". ( sorry that was was off track but need to get off my heart - phew that feels great)

But if I take off my rose colored glasses what will I see?
A world without honor or trust.
Loyalty only found in the family dog.
A whole lot of people who only look out for #1.
Families who disconnect.
Business crumbling.
People losing homes and retirement funds?
A hand shake no longer is good.
Cancer.
Death and Taxes........No thanks

So as I write this down and it all makes sense (I think) to me but it may be complete babble to most who read it (hey it is much better than bottling it up and needing antidepressants and a shrink) - I CHOOSE TO KEEP ON MY GLASSES, GIVE MY HEART & MY TIME even if it is hurts. I will however remind myself everyday you can only help those who want or are willing to help themselves. I will also remind myself my heart is fragile but if it breaks a little my husband and kids will always always - first say "I told you so" and then be the band aid to fix it.

So for today I only have one regret I gave some of my time away this evening and I should not have ( but I except that is just who I am and will most likely do it again) - I missed out on the first Metallica Wii concert on my daughters 8th birthday. (Mike can you believe it she is 8 and knows all the words ...yikes). But we did have a great time - we had a girl afternoon of her first pedicure and then shopping spending birthday money.

The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to an opponent, tolerance; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect; to all men, charity.
Francis Maitland Balfour ( much better with words - could have just put the quote)

And if you got to here you I can only imagine you must be one of my friends - thanks for listening - ha I do have a shrink I just dont have to pay for it......night John boy.

2 comments:

  1. You are such a genuine person!!! Great MOM , I can tell!! HUgs edie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:17 AM

    I can related to everything you wrote here. I'm glad we've connected!

    ReplyDelete