Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Sacrifice

self-sacrifice -The giving up of one's own benefit, especially giving up one's life, for the good of others.wikipedia

I was out  with friends and a comment of sacrifice for her husbands career  over hers came in to conversation and it led me to think about my own choices. With 16 moves in 23 years that included 2 provinces and 2 states I have more than once given up my interior design career. Now that being said all of those changes and moves have opened doors both professionally and personally.

My search for my current career in a round about way found me. I had formulated a list of criteria that I was looking for and it was a tough list.

1. needed to be able to move with out starting from scratch
2. replace my design income
3. flexible schedule because I really wanted to raise my kids myself
4. want to help nonprofits with fund raising
5. a company that would give me the opportunity to travel
6. a way to help others


Most would say impossible list. 5 years ago I would not have imagined I would be here, this very point in my life. I can certainly say sacrifice is worth it! So if a door feels like it has closed and you are not sure what lies ahead keep walking and never under estimate your dream, your list - make it and find what fits.

No comments:

Post a Comment