Thursday, August 27, 2009

click for a cure



Yes, we're doing it again - we've signed up for the 2009 Breast Cancer 3-Day!


Let me introduce myself. My name is Jennifer Wealer and I had such an incredible experience doing the 3-Day last year that I'm going back for more. I'm so excited about this event, even though this year I really know what I've gotten myself into! This event isn't easy, but I promise you, I wouldn't be doing it if I didn't believe 100% that it was worth every muscle ache, weary night, agonizing blister and training walk!


My team, Candies for the Cure, needs your help. We each have committed to raising $2300 toward breast cancer research to participate in the 3 Day, 60 mile walk in October here in Washington DC.


I am a breast cancer survivor which fuels my passion for this cause. What you may not know is that I am currently recovering from my last surgery this year due to my 2nd round of breast cancer. My family has been on an emotional roller coaster for the past several months. I do know what an agonizing trip this is to take once, much less twice and I will walk 60 miles AGAIN to help take us one step closer to finding a cure.


I do not want my beautiful girls, ages 6 & 4, to even have a need to participate in a walk like this when they're old enough. Let's find a cure!


Below you will find the links to 2 of my team members who are still working to raise their full $2300. These are 2 dear friends who have chosen to take 3 days from their families to walk for 60 miles by my side in support of ME and the many others who have been on the same journey of survival.


Just follow the link below to visit Jenell and Michele's fundraising pages and make a donation today. I am excited to point out the monthly payment plan option--please take advantage of making a larger donation and splitting it up over several months. If you have any questions or want to hear more about what I'm doing, I love talking about the event. Thanks for all of your support.


Sincerely, Jennifer

P.S. Don't wait - donate today!
Jennifer is an amazing women in my life, her strength as a women, a friend, an accountability partner and a leader inspires me to be a better "me".




No comments:

Post a Comment