Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Viral Marketing

I am taking some classes on viral marketing and find myself facinated by human nature. Did you know the 85% of peoples purchases are influenced by people they know rather than an advertisement. Think about it have you ever told a friend about a movie, facebook, a new dish at your favorite restaurant, your favorite green house ( and garden guru), a big shoe sale, or even your favorite photographer. We all share our thoughts and opinions and influence peoples purchasing habits.

Now to viral marketing - the definition is "the use of varied kinds of marketing both online and offline to create the impression of spontaneous word of mouth enthusiasm."

Experiment #1 : So I have a secret and thought maybe you all could help me spread the secret, wait I am not going to tell you just yet. What I am asking all my readers to do is tell 5 people you know to read my blog and leave a remark after this post saying so and so sent me to read your blog. As soon as I hit 100 remarks I will reveal my secret. So ready set go....what are you waiting for start spreading that I have a secret.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:36 AM

    Hmmm... I'm curious....

    But I'm just the first comment. Could take awhile...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a nice post. I feel like viral marketing helps internet marketers to build a monster list and get huge traffic to achieve success in their online business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:03 PM

    do you twitter?

    ReplyDelete