Sunday, February 04, 2007

Fondue

I love to fondue. A group of friends and a dinner that takes hours. Our fondue experience started at the Grizzly House in Banff Alberta. Everything from venison to snake is on the menu and for those not so adventurous chicken and beef ( I prefer the later).

I now live 15 hours away from our favorite restaurants and we do our best to duplicate the food. A rough ingredient list from a waiter years ago allows us to have the veggie fondue. I change the cheese fondue each time, depending on the bread I can get and the cheese that is on sale. We bought a stone at a kitchen store in Canada, so we can do hot oil and rock.

Our friends are hunters so everyone brings a sample of different kinds of meat (venison, elk, moose, duck, pheasant, antelope, chicken, beef, pork, and buffalo)

And don't forget the chocolate. Bananas, Strawberrie, marricino cherries, pound cake, and fresh pineapple complete a great evening................

No comments:

Post a Comment