Sunday, July 30, 2006

stop and smell the flowers and keep moving

I unlike the rest of my entire family have a not so green thumb. Along the front of the house I am trying to create a low maintenance garden. Tulips in the spring and hydrangea and hostas in the summer. I also plan to add hops to grow up the pillars.

Now the not so green thumb, the plant above is one of 4 that survived and I just planted another this spring. I love hydrangea ability to adapt to soil condtions, changing the color of the flower. Now I just need to figure out how to help them survive the winter.

The one thing that seems to grow is the grass, so off to mow.

"Determine never to be idle...It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing. "
Thomas Jefferson3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:46 PM

    Myself being one of the "Rest of Family" on the other hand have some sort of gift to grow anything green...my living room has become a forest with no room for furniture... the outdoor gardens are flourishing with beautiful colors..."never have known the names" and the vegie garden I have rented has produced vegies..or should I say zucchini the length of my arms....everyone on my block now has zucchini. Everyone asks me what my secret is....!!! My reply is always NOT SURE WHY I WAS GIVEN THIS GIFT.!! So lets say you either got it or you don't!!
    nananana...Coralee!!
    Till then Happy Gardening!
    Love your other Sis ...G :)

    ReplyDelete