Tuesday, July 18, 2006

the family tree.....

Happy 91st Birthday Grandma
Today is my grandma's 91st birthday. An incredible lady and has a great family, well I think so any way. Tonight we called to join the camp fire in her back yard. This is how my family celebrates life, family, and my grandpa for building the pit. Something about a hotdog on a stick, the crackle of the fire and a cold beer that keeps us all connected.

You see she and most of my family live in Saskatchewan, Canada (more on this place later) a 14 hour drive from Wyoming.

Now I said most of my family. My brother lives in Yellowknife and my sister is in Calgary. When I said we called, well I called my grandma, 3-way on my sister and she 3-wayed on my brother........I love technology. (not sure that my brother really likes having all us girls on the phone at the same time. I also have a 16 yr old brother in Grande Prairie with my dad...he is another story.

Now the family tree starting with Lorna. 8 children, 24 Granchildren, 36 or so great grandchildren, and one great great grand daughter. So when you ad in all the spouses some pot luck and some beer and you have one big party. Over the years we have even had a few people who have recovered from relativitis, with only minor symptoms recurring.

So for tonight I will launch my blog, to try to keep up with the times. And leave on this note.......

"Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one. "
Jane Howard, "Families"

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:10 PM

    Nice tree....oh i mean family! seems to me I had a great time many years ago in a place called Elbow with that same family! Nice blog Cora Lee, I'll be popping in from time to time to see how you are all doing...give my love to Curtis and the kids.....MF

    ReplyDelete